Saturday 14 May 2011

Snowdonia: Good Time; Great Run - Inury!

Kay; myself; 2 daughters; one son-in-law & one grand daughter are just back from a few days in Snowdonia - last opportunity to spend some time away from the Centre before the really busy season takes off. It was a great time & a few photos to summarise the visit are shown below.

I got out for a very enjnoyable run (some details also below) but fear I have done some damage to my "good" knee.

We got back Friday to a full Centre for the weekend & in time for our first double school of the year so a busy week of activity ahead.

Llyn Dinas
Llyn Dinas & Sygun - Run
09 May 2011
Approx 6 miles & 1100' ascent
After working for six years at Llyn Gwynant (just up the road) this is a familiar area & it was good to get out for a run here.
I set off form the parking area outside the new cafe at Nant Gwynant (great addition to the area!) and ran in the direction of Beddgelert taking the minor road across the river and the trails alongside Llyn Dinas. At the end of the Lake I took the steep miners path up the dry valley to the SE into a kind of hidden valley / plateau at the top, quite a lot of old mine evidence. I emerged from the valley above Sygun show mine and began a rough but very doable descent back towards the mine. At this point the heavens opened and a most spectacular thunderstorm kicked off overhead - quite exciting. Unfortunately on this descent my right knee (usually the good one!) gave way under me twice, meniscus injury? The rest of the way back was moderately painful & the remainder of the evening agony! The knee responded to rest to some degree over the next 48 hours but now remains stubbornly sore and painful each time I put my foot down - am seeing Andrew Hoe on Weds & hoping he can work some magic again!!

Llanberris - Pete's Eats

I do like Punch & Judy

Had hoped to get up Moel Siabod but above events thwarted plans

Dolwyddelan Castle

Dolbadarn Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment